Posted on June 22, 2021 by Jobcare
GENERAL WORKERS EMTHANJENI MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE NO: 41/2021
Emthanjeni Municipality, with its Headquarters in De Aar invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant posts. The Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and subscribes to the principles of
employment equity and actively promotes representation in terms of race, gender and disability.
DIRECTORATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES
- GENERAL WORKERS (DE AAR, BRITSTOWN, HANOVER)
Salary: R 107 317.00 – R 126 076.00 (Task Level 3)
Abovementioned post offers the following benefits:
– 13th Cheque
– Pension fund benefits
– Medical aid fund benefits
– Leave and housing benefits
– Grade 7 or NQF Level 1
– Functional Literacy
– Manual labour requires good health and physical condition
– Good communication skills
– Ability to operate manual equipment and machinery
– Ability to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent of the post will be responsible to:
– Perform general labour activities associated with maintenance and repair work to
waste management using hand held tools to excavate defined areas.
– Laying of materials and reinforcement products.
– Cleaning blockages
– Removing debris from drainage systems and utilizing lettering.
– To ensure a clean and healthy environment for the municipality and community.
– Loads, unloads and carries equipment and material as instructed supervisor.
– Relieves staff on other trucks during mechanical breakdowns.
– Removes refuse dumped illegally.
– Operates suction and discharge mechanism.
– Regularly cleans vehicles and equipment.
– Cleans public amenities, bus stops and pedestrian subways.
– Cleans offices and grounds
– Remove fallen leaves from the lawn
– Dig out weeds with hand fork
– Cut lawn edges with a pair of scissors
– Cut the lawn with lawn-mover
– Collect medical waste from doctors, clinics, hospitals and mortuaries.
– Packaging and dispatching of medical waste daily.
– Remove dead animals from Animal Clinics.
– Remove condemned food from supermarkets.
– Keep records of tools.
– Keeping spare wheels.
– Cleans worksites, stores equipment and tools and loads material prior to departure from the work site by inspecting equipment and tools used in order to identify defects.
– Reporting defects to supervisor.
– Washing vehicles using rags, water and cleaning agents.
– Report to supervisor on problems encountered in the performance of tasks, the state of infrastructure, machinery and tools.
– Report to the Supervisor on problems encountered during the execution of the duties of the post
- Interested persons are requested to forward a letter of application together with a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications to the Municipal Manager.
- Enquiries can be directed to the Senior Manager: Corporate Services,
Mr TW Msengana at 053 632 9100.
Closing date: 30 June 2021 at 12h00
PO Box 42
Tel: 053 632 9100
– Canvassing for selection will automatically disqualify an applicant.
– If no reply to your application has been received within sixty (60) days of the closing date, you should consider your application as being unsuccessful.
– No late or facsimile applications will be accepted.
– No applications will be considered without certified copies of the original documents of qualifications.
– The Council reserves the right not to appoint.
– Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment
FIND GENERAL WORKERS EMTHANJENI MUNICIPALITY RELATED OPPORTUNITIES;
Was this helpful?
0 / 0