Posted on June 9, 2022 by Jobcare
Employer : Department of Health
Location : TEMBISA PROVINCIAL TERTIARY HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 13-06-2022
- Reference Number : refs/014274
- Directorate : Health Information Management Systems.
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 176 310.00 – R207 681.00
- Enquiries : Ms N. Khanyase, 011 923 2093
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification. At least two years experience in health institutions and knowledge of using Health Information Systems (DHIS, TIER.NET, DATCOV, EDR, CHIP/PPIP, and Ideal Hospital database). A degree/ National Diploma in Health Information will be an added advantage. Competencies: Good communication skills, computer literacy (M.s Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), report writing, and analytic and numerical skills. NB: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a computer literacy test.
- Capture data on the DHIS database and update Institutional Health Information Management (HIM) database. Conduct rapid data quality assessment on primary sources before capturing. Follow up on any discrepancies with relevant service points/health care providers. Compile and submit routine reports. Complete and sign a weekly summary form. for use in monthly reports. Assist in timely preparation and submission of required reports based on the Work Plan of the HIM unit. Source data from both electronic (HIS) and manuals system. Ensure that data is received regularly and follow up on non-submission. Safe-keeping or records. Maintain electronic and manual records of all data used for reporting. Ensure that the primary sources of data are available and ready for audit. Conduct rapid data quality on registers and ensure data quality improvement plans are developed and implemented to address poor data quality. Escalate poor quality data challenges to the supervisor. Perform any delegated tasks. Comply with Performance Management and Development System. Perform any other delegated tasks. Daily capturing and updating of the COVID data.
- Applications must be submitted with a New Z83 form accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of ID (if smart card it must be copied on both sides) and Certificate of qualifications not older than six (6) months. Applicant must indicate the post reference on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of the recommended candidates will be verified prior appointment. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).Successful candidate/s will be subjected to security screening and vetting process. Applications received after closing date will not be considered. Should an individual wish to apply for a post on or after 1 January 2021, he/she will be required to submit the new application for employment form (Z83) which can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies. From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using the incorrect application form employment (Z83), it will not be considered. The department reserve the right not to fill this post. Applications to be directed to professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za website or Hand deliver at Tembisa P.T. Hospital (Human Resource Department).
Was this helpful?
0 / 0