Posted on May 25, 2022 by Jobcare
Trainee Train Assistant Opportunity: Transnet
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Assist the Train Driver in the safe and efficient driving/handling of all different types of trains/locomotive consists (airbrake, vacuum, high speed, heavy haul and passengers) to ensure that the customers freight/cargo reaches its destination in good condition, on time, in order to enable the organisation to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Grade 12 with pure Mathematics and/or Physical Science
- Be prepared to undergo periodic medical surveillance and safety behavioral risk assessments during the selection process and every 12 months
- Physical hearing, vision, mental, fitness (to be verified through medical tests and related safety behavioural risk assessments)
- The operator shall not allow employees younger than 21 years of age to undertake train driver or train control duties. (SANS 3000, par 188.8.131.52)
The following minimum Trainee pre-requisite:
- The candidate should be a minimum of 1.6 meters tall
- Psychomotor ability (to be assessed through Vienna Testing System (VTS) standard)
- Ability to carry heavy objects
The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0