Posted on April 29, 2022 by Jobcare
Internships: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
Location: Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 30 April 2022
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) offers professional health sciences training and education in a range of fields through excellence in teaching, leaming, innovative research and community engagement. SMU is situated in Ga-Rankuwa (North of Pretoria) and the below position are currently available.
The Department of Higher Education and Training (the Department) is participating in the Presidential Youth Employment Stimulus (PYES) programme, which is a government programme coordinated in the Presidency. The programme seeks to provide temporary employment opportunities for young graduates from universities who have not been able to find employment, and also offer opportunities for graduates to gain useful experience in a range of areas that can improve their readiness for employment and open up career pathways that may not have been available without work experience.
The Department has requested Universities South Africa (USAf) to manage this programme for its duration to ensure well-coordinated implementation, given its coordination role in the sector.
The incumbents will be exposed to gain experiential learning in different fields and need to meet the following basic requirements and key performance areas:
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Requirements: (3) year diploma or degree in Office Management/Office Administration / Secretarial.
OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR
Requirements: Three (3) year diploma or degree in Office Management / Office Administration / Secretarial.
Requirements: Three (3) year diploma or degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / Busines Information Systems/ Informatics /Office Management Technology or equivalent.
Requirements: Three (3) year diploma or degree in Graphic Design / Events Management / Public Relations / Journalism / Communications / Marketing / Advertising / Media Relations / Digital Marketing.
Requirements: Matric/Grade 12
INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
Requirement/tsp: Nt3g with Trade test in Electrician/ Plumbing/ Welding /Carpentry /Air Conditioning / Painting
Inherent Job Requirements
- Graduates between the ages 01 18 and 35
- Not studying full time, classes preferably after hours
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates
- Have not participated in any learnership / internship programme
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the SMU
- Candidate must be available for a period of six (6) months
- Planning & organising
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite)
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Time management
- Good communication skills
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people (Client focus)
- Result focus
- Stress tolerant
Key Performance Areas
All the appointed interns will be given experiential learning in their allocated departments as mentioned above.
Assumption of duties: 01 May 2022, or soon thereafter.
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Typed applications (quoting the reference number) which should contain the following must be submitted:
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter;
- Two (2) testimonials.
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records; or confirmation of completion.
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- A copy of your driver’s licence (if applicable).
These documents should be forwarded, for the attention of Ms MM Makgati, to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 68, Medunsa, 0204 or e-mail applications in MS Word format, to email@example.com
The applications may also be posted OR hand delivered to Mace in an application box;
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Human Resources Department, Clinical Pathology building, 5. Floor, Molotlegi street, Garankuwa.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered.
Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (012) 521-4393.
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0