Posted on April 6, 2022 by Jobcare
Closing Date: 15 April 2022
SASSETA is inviting students to apply for the Discretionary Grants 1st Funding Window bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded to 230 students, for studies within these fields:
- Clinical Social Work
- IT Related Programmes
- Paralegal Studies
- Security Management
The bursary will provide cover up to following values:
- R80 000 per student for full-time studies, for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, on campus accommodation or university approved accommodation and meals.
- R35 000 per student for part-time studies or distance learning, for the following expenses: tuition fees and textbooks.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and may be renewed each year (for the full duration of the study programme), on condition that the bursary recipient pass at least 60% of their modules including their major subject.
Applicants must also download and read the SASSETA Bursary Policy 2021 to 2023 (.pdf) before applying.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited public University or TVET College in South Africa (private institution students may only apply if their course of study is not offered at any of the public institutions)
- You must have a household income of NO MORE than R600 000 per annum
- You must be unemployed
- You must NOT be taking part in any other SASSETA funded programme (bursary, internship, learnership or skills programme) within the current financial year (April 2022 to March 2023)
- Preference will be given to: students living with disabilities, female students and students who do NOT have any other bursary funding or NSFAS
Download and complete the SASSETA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy: not older than 6 months)
- Matric certificate or statement of results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for the 2022 academic year at a University in South Africa (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID Documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or self employed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SASSETA Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Was this helpful?
0 / 0