Posted on January 17, 2022 by Jobcare
City of Johannesburg: Internships
Closing date: 25 January 2022
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to provide work-based training for students.
– Applications, which have not been responded to within 6 weeks of closing date, should be regarded as unsuccessful.
– Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Corporate & Shared Services Department has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding six (6) months
The details are as follows:
- Department: Group Corporate & Shared Services
Branch: Group SHELA & FCM
Salary Range: R3 500.00 pm (cost to company, basic salary, no benefits) must be enrolled as
– Grade 12 and N6 in Public Administration/Office Administration/Admin Management;
– Experience in SHE Management System and Certificate in Public Admin/Office Administration will be an added advantage;
– Computer literacy Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
– Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
– Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Primary Function: Provide the administrative functionality of urgent and essential services to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic: Screening and Testing services across the City of Johannesburg including Municipal Entities (MEs) which may include customer service, basic word processing, data entry, filing and organizing and related work to support the SHE Directorate.
Key Performance Areas: Control the administrative requirements associated with the SHE Directorate. Monitor the consolation, processing and presentation for functional information. Coordinate the administrative dimension associated with the processing of Directorate related queries and complaints. Control workflow processes and output levels of work by providing administrative guidance. Performance specific activities associated with providing support to Line functions. Leading Competencies: Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel). Excellent Communication
skills including presentation skills.
Core Competencies: Organising skills and attention to detail. Coordinating skills. Good report writing skills. Time management and being able to work under pressure.
Contact Person: Sabina Mabena
Tel No: (011) 407 6784
Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard Metropolitan Centre
All applications will be through the website using this link:
Or visit www.joburg.org.za and click on Vacancies
Was this helpful?
0 / 0