eThekwini Municipality invites unemployed South Africans with Grade 12 and driver’s license to apply for Metro Police Officer 2023 posts.
|Cbd & Beach
|METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICES
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Province
|Location – Country
|To undertake auxilliary constable/traffic warden functions.
|Key Responsibility Areas
|Controlling traffic and pedestrians at various facilities.
Issuing traffic offence notices to motorists and the public.
Attending vehicle accident scenes by way of reporting the nature of location and extent of the accident to the control room.
Dealing with criminal offences and reporting serious incidents to the control room.
Attending court in order to submit evidence.
Performing point duties at faulty / out of order robots.
Initiating the necessary preliminary action at any emergency / disaster.
Attending to complaints from the public.
|Have permanent residence in the Republic of South Africa (RSA), of which he/she must give documentary proof.
Be at least 18 years old and younger than 35 years on the date the application closes (documentary proof is required).
Undergo a medical examination and must be found to be physically and mentally fit to be appointed in the post for which he/she applies.
Matric or Grade 12.
Be fluent in at least English and one other official language.
Valid motor vehicle drivers’ license (Code B) or to obtain one within 9 months, and pass a driver’s evaluation by the Durban Metropolitan Police Service.
Not have previous criminal convictions.
Let his/her fingerprints be taken.
Be prepared to have his or her background checked.
|R 197 994.81 – R 257 017.53 per Annum
|031 3112880 \ 2896
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY FOR;
- Priority will be given to applicants who are underrepresented in terms of race, gender and disability within the occupational level of the respective advertised posts.
- Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An employee may be deployed to any of the offices, depots or workplaces of the municipality within its area of jurisdiction.
- Canvassing by councilors or officials in respect of these positions will lead to disqualification of the applicants.
- Occupational assessments may be undertaken as part of the selection process.
- You shall be required to undergo a pre-engagement medical examination.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within three months from the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful.