Dispensary Support Learnerships 2021 – Dis-Chem
Dispensary Support – Sefako Makgatho
Dis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Closing Date 02 July 2021
Division – JB Division
Minimum experience – Entry Level
Company primary industry – Pharmaceuticals
Job functional area – Other
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Sefako Makgatho store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning. Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualified as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Mathematics (HG), Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
Dispensary Support staff must have completed a proficiency test approving them to apply for registration with Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a learner basic assistant.
A pharmacist’s assistant registered in the category pharmacist’s assistant learner basic; may perform the following services or acts under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in a pharmacy:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Retail FMCG, Dis-Chem front shop experience and a good performance record.
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Unisolv, SAP and E-Scripting.
Special conditions of employment:
- Proficiency test assessing capability to register with Pharmacy Council and South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
Find Dispensary Support Learnerships 2021 related opportunities;