x78 EPWP General Workers at Midvaal Local Municipality.
Midvaal Local Municipality invites unemployed people to apply for EPWP General Worker Posts.
Apply for x78 EPWP General Workers at Midvaal Local Municipality
Location: Meyerton, South Africa
Closing date: 14 March 2023
Remuneration: R133.63 p.d (EPWP General worker daily rate)
Duration: 1 year contract
- General street sweeping, Litter Picking and refuse removal within the jurisdiction of the Midvaal local municipality.
- Assist with illegal dumping clean up.
- Do any work with or garden tools on sport fields, flowerbeds, pavements etc. to create a clean and tidy environment.
- Use garden tools to clean areas when machines are out of order or during winter months.
- Clean parks and cemeteries, clinics, libraries, sports centres, depots and other municipal facilities and buildings and perform other general works necessary.
- Put out traffic signs to warn traffic and persons about workers next to municipal roads, islands, pavements, open spaces etc
- Responsible for loading and off-loading of solid waste material and equipment of the section.
- Execution of all legal instructions from the supervisor to ensure productivity and smooth running of the section.
- Reports any injury/loss sustained while working to the supervisor to ensure prompt attendance and safety of the working area of responsibility.
- Assist customers and the public in waste disposal.
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested by management (supervisor) from time to time.
See also: EPWP Data Capturer Posts
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EE TARGETS: CM,WM,WF,AF,CF
CLOSING DATE: TBC 2023 AT 12:00 PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3481/23
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY (REFERENCE: MN 3477/23)
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
- Grade 10
- Grade 12 added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (must be bilingual)
- Ability to follow & execute given instructions
- Good physical health, basic skill & know how of doing physical work
- A hard-working self-disciplined person
- 0-1 year relevant experience in Waste Management and Parks
See also: Sibanye-Stillwater: Register CV
How to apply
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Follow Jobcare on Google News for daily job updates, government vacancies, entry level jobs, internships, learnerships, bursaries and retail jobs.