Sassa Gold Card Expiry Date 2023
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has urged all grants recipients with gold cards expiring in March 2023 to go and collect their new SASSA/Postbank cards at Post Office branches.
Sassa Gold Card Expiry Date is March 2023
Grant recipients can collect new gold cards from the nearest post office starting Monday, March 13, 2023. However, it is important to note that new gold cards are issued at post offices only to the person whose name the expiring card has been issued. The agency warned that no one can collect a new gold card on behalf of another unless they are registered as a Sassa procurator.
Social Grant recipients can collect their new gold cards on the following dates:
- Mondays and Tuesdays, (starting from Monday 13 March 2023) will be dedicated to the issuance of the cards to the Old Age Grants recipients and persons that receive Disability Grants.
- Wednesday to Saturday, (starting from Wednesday 15 March 2023), will be dedicated to the collection of new gold cards by persons receiving Child Support Grants and persons receiving all other grants.
Post Office branch business hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 08H00 – 16H00
- Saturday: 09H00 – 13H00
- Sunday: Closed
The following will be required when collecting a new Sassa Gold Card:
- A South African Identity Document and
- The current SASSA/Postbank Gold Card that is expiring in March 2023 (03/2023).
See also: Sassa Payment Dates
Post office employees help recipients activate new cards, choose a new PIN code, and the cards work immediately for withdrawals or other transactions.