Santam Internship Programme
Closing Date: Not specified
Location: Bellville, Western Cape
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into several emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on the delivery of our Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business, so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. With the focus of achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups.
The Santam Graduate Programme is designed to contribute to your development primarily as follows:
- Through our customised onboarding programme,we will settle you into Santam within the first 100 days and set you up for success. You will be immersed in a series of accredited learning assets covering areas meant to anchor you in your journey of 24 months, while we expose you to the latest curated online content addressing our DNA embedded in five Santam core competencies.
Santam core competencies:
- Cultivate innovation
- Client focus
- Drive results
- Flexible and adaptable
If we are to be found ready for future challenges, we want to focus and be deliberate about building these competencies in our people and coupled with that is to prioritise development in leadership capabilities as well.
- Creativity and problem-solving
- Analytical thinking
- Dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- Digitally savvy
You will be given access to areas of specialisation, as we continue to build your leadership attributes that we want to see in the future.
Electives – Exposure to technical areas of specialisation in short-term insurance as required by your future role. All along being supported through subject matter experts and one-onone coaching as you endeavour to cement your development through business informed learning projects.
Duration: 24 months (2 years)
Start date: 1 March 2023
*no more that 1 year working experience
What criteria makes you eligible to apply
We are looking for exceptional young talent (between the ages of 22 – 30) who want to make a difference.
Applicants must be in possession of a degree in the following fields:
- Insurance/Risk Management/Law
- Actuarial Science/Tax/Marketing
- Mathematics/Statistics/Data Science
- Chemical / Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Information Technology/
- Human Resources
Applicants with post-graduate qualifications (Honours/Masters) are welcome to apply.