Universities South Africa invites suitably qualified graduates to apply for Internship Opportunities at their Institution.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 16 February 2024
Duration: Twelve (12) Months Contract
Internship Opportunities at Universities South Africa
Universities South Africa is offering an Internship Programme for a duration of twelve (12) months. The programme aims to provide unemployed graduates with the opportunity to gain practical work experience. The position available is for a Receptionist Intern responsible for managing the front desk and performing various administrative and clerical tasks to support organizational operations.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage the front desk (answer telephones, direct calls, take messages)
- Manage the flow of visitors and direct them appropriately
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents
- Ensure the reception area is tidy, presentable, and well-stocked
- Perform administrative duties (minute-taking, filing, photocopying, transcribing, faxing)
- Coordinate meetings and organize catering
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to various sections
- Maintain office security and control access via the reception desk
- Maintain proper filing of documents and archive documents older than three years
- Perform ad hoc duties as required
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs with the names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by the closing date of 16 February 2024, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. People from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Universities South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.