Capricorn TVET College invites unemployed youth of South Africa to apply for Internship Programme 2023.
Location: Polokwane, Limpopo
Stipend: R5 000 per month
Closing Date: 31 January 2023
Capricorn TVET College is inviting applications from suitably qualified applicants to apply for its
Communications, Media and Public Relations Internship intake for 2023.
This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks successful candidate should be a team-player with an understanding of the TVET sector, willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities. The successful candidate will undergo a structured development programme within 12 months.
The duties include but not limited to: Draft, distribute and pitch speeches, news releases, media alerts and other stories, edit and format photos and videos for social media and website, update College website and social media platforms regularly, graphic design, media relations, digital asset management, prepare weekly reports and maintain regular contact with supervisor, collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for Public Relations and communications, event coordination and other communications and administrative support tasks as assigned.
Key skills required:
- Possess excellent written and oral communication, Interpersonal skills
- Strong visual skills and some experience with designing materials for print and online
- Understanding of the basic principles of Public Relations and/or communication
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and public contacts
- Understanding of Social Media platforms and strategy
- Crisis analysis and crisis-solving
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree in: Communication/ Public Relations/ Media Studies/ Journalism
All interested candidates are requested to send an application letter and attach recently updated CV, academic record, certified copies of ID and qualifications not older than three (3) months. No faxed or late applications will be considered.
Please forward all applications to: Central office, 16 Market Street, Polokwane 0700 or post to: The Principal, Capricom TVET College, Private Bag X9674, Polokwane, 0700. If you did not receive feedback from the College within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 31 January 2023
Enquires: Work Integrated Learning (WIL) on 015 230 1800 or WIL@capricorncollege.edu.za during