SETA Learnerships 2024 Online Application. The SETA Learnership is a work-based education and training programme that is linked to a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
SETA Learnerships Details
SETA stands for Sector Education and Training Authority. In South Africa, SETAs are responsible for overseeing skills development and training within specific economic sectors. There are numerous SETAs, each focusing on a particular industry or group of related industries. These organizations play a crucial role in promoting skills development, facilitating training programs, and addressing the skills needs of various sectors of the economy.
The primary functions of Services SETA include:
- Skills Development: Identifying skills needs within the services sector and developing strategies to address these needs through training and education programs.
- Training Programs: Developing and implementing sector-specific training programs to enhance the skills and competencies of individuals working within the services industries.
- Accreditation: Facilitating the accreditation of training providers to ensure that they meet quality standards and deliver effective training programs.
- Funding Allocation: Allocating funding for skills development initiatives, including learnerships, internships, and other training interventions, within the services sector.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitoring the effectiveness of training programs and initiatives to ensure that they meet the needs of the industry and contribute to improved skills development outcomes.
- Promotion of Skills Development: Promoting the importance of skills development and lifelong learning within the services sector to enhance productivity, competitiveness, and economic growth.
You may also like:
Some of SETAs in South Africa
- Services SETA (SSETA): Covers sectors such as banking, insurance, tourism, and hospitality.
- Health and Welfare SETA (HWSETA): Focuses on healthcare and social development sectors.
- Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA): Deals with the transport sector, including road freight, aviation, and maritime.
SETA Learnerships 2024 Online Application
Interested candidates who want to apply for this learnership position should ensure that they meet the following criteria;
- Must be having Grade 12/ matric certificate
- Must be Unemployed
- Hard working
- No criminal record
- Ability to speak and write English
When applying for SETA Learnerships, you are required to provide the following documents:
- Certified copy of your ID or passport
- Certified copy of your matric certificate or highest qualification
- Updated CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Any other documents specified by the training provider
Ensure that you have these documents ready and certified, as incomplete applications may not be considered.
To apply for SETA Learnerships for 2024, you’ll need to follow the specific instructions provided by the SETA overseeing the learnership program you’re interested in. Here’s a general guide to help you get started with your online application:
- Identify the Relevant SETA: Determine which SETA is responsible for the industry or sector related to the learnership you’re interested in. Each SETA manages learnerships for specific sectors, such as agriculture, finance, hospitality, etc.
- Visit the SETA Website: Once you know the appropriate SETA, visit their official website. Look for a section related to learnerships, training, or opportunities for learners. This section will likely provide information about available learnerships, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
- Review Available Learnerships: Explore the website to find information about the learnerships offered for the year 2024. Take note of the requirements, duration, and other relevant details for each learnership program.
- Check Application Dates and Deadlines: Pay attention to the application opening and closing dates for the learnerships you’re interested in. Make sure you submit your application within the specified timeframe to be considered.
- Create an Account (if required): Some SETAs may require you to create an account on their website before you can access the online application portal. Follow the instructions to create your account if necessary.
- Complete the Online Application Form: Fill out the online application form with accurate and relevant information. Be prepared to provide details about your personal information, educational background, work experience (if applicable), and any other required documentation.
- Submit Required Documents: Some learnership applications may require you to upload supporting documents, such as copies of your ID, academic certificates, CV, and any other requested materials. Make sure you have these documents ready to upload during the application process.
- Review and Submit Your Application: Before submitting your application, review all the information you’ve provided to ensure its accuracy and completeness. Once you’re satisfied, submit your application through the online portal.
The stipend for SETA learnerships can vary depending on factors such as the specific program, the SETA managing the learnership, the industry or sector involved, and the level of qualification being pursued. Normally, stipends are provided to learners as a form of financial support to cover basic living expenses while they participate in the learnership program.
- Eastern Cape
- Free State
- Northern Cape
- North West
Apply for SETA Learnership Programme 2024 / 2025
- Skills Development Professionals (SDP)
- SkillUp Training
- ELearning LMS
- U-Belong Learnership Opportunities
These training providers offer a wide range of learnerships in various industries, providing youth with diverse opportunities for skills development and career advancement.
What are the benefits of SETA learnerships?
- Provide easy access to learning;
- Increase access to employment opportunities;
- Assist in Career-Pathing and Self-development;
- Provide a monthly stipend to learners while they learn;
- Lead to the acquisition of a formal qualification; and
- Serve as an entrance into the industry for unemployed learners.
Closing date for applications: Ongoing
Remember to stay updated with any news or announcements from the SETA to ensure you don’t miss out on any opportunities. Good luck with your application!