Entry-level Police Trainees
Location: All Provinces
Closing date: 30 June 2022
The South African Police Service (SAPS) is recruiting entry-level Police Trainees and invites applications from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit persons of all races and gender who are dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing for enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP).
Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 21 (twenty-one) months.
Successful candidates will serve as Police Trainees on contract.
After successful completion of the Training Programme, Trainees will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime;
- Maintain public order;
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property;
- Uphold and enforce the law
The Programme shall consist of three phases:
- Induction Phase: One (1) month at a designated police station;
- Basic Training Phase: Eight (8) months of Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical training at a designated police station;
- Probation Phase: After successful completion of the Induction and the Basic Training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation (12 months).
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be in possession of Grade 12 / Senior Certificate (of which documentary proof must be furnished).
- Be proficient in at least English and one other official language
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age (on the closing date of advertisement).
- Have no previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service
- Be prepared to take the oath
- Body mass index of less than 30 (cirumference of < = 102 cm (males) and <= 88 cm (females))
- Undergo and pass a medical examination
- Complete and pass a physical fitness
- Undergo and pass a Psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official
- Be prepared to successfully undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner
- Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
The following will be an added advantage:
- An aggregate of “4′ and above in English in the final Grade12 / Senior Certificate examination
- A fully completed three (3) year National Diploma / Degree (at least an NQF 6 or higher value).
- At least a valid vehicle driver’s licence.
Please note: Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct will not be considered for appointment in the South African Police Service (SAPS).