Closing date: 27 January 2023
Bursaries will be awarded for ANY field of study, preferably to students residing in communities which CCBSA has operations, namely: Mdantsane; Motherwell; Phoenix; Inanda; Ntuzuma; KwaMashu; Greater Eldorado Park Community Forum (including Freedom Park and Motsoaledi); Tembisa; Greater Nigel; PTA West Ward 55; Westenburg to Seshego; Alabama and Mangaung. (Students from other areas may also apply, however preference will be given to students from the above areas).
CCBSA is inviting academically deserving students, completing Matric in 2022 to apply.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and textbooks.
Bursary recipients will also receive career advice, study hacks and access to support groups.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be Black, as per the BBBEE codes of good practice (Black African learners will be prioritised)
- You must be completing Matric in 2022
- You must pass Matric with a bachelors’ admission
- You must have been acceptanced to study at a university in South Africa
- You must preferably be residing within one of the above host communities (advantageous)
- You must NOT be affiliated with CCBSA and its affiliates
Students can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Matric most recent results, if certificate is not available (certified copy)
- Motivational letter stating why you should be selected to receive the bursary
- Proof of university acceptance (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “CCBSA Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).