Posted on June 3, 2022 by Jobcare
Mossel Bay Municipality Internships
Location: Mossel Bay, Western Cape
Closing Date: 14 June 2022
Stipend: R7 531.43 per month
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: CIVIL ENGINEERING
Mossel Bay Municipality is offering opportunities to unemployed South African graduates from
Higher Education institutions who have completed a three- (3) year Degree or National Diploma
(NQF Level 6 or above), and who are seeking work experience related to the field of study that
they have completed.
(Application form and relevant proof / documentation must accompany application. No late submissions
will be accepted)
• National Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering (must be in possession of complete
qualification at date of application)
• Grade 12 with Mathematics as a subject
• Must be in possession of a valid Code B driver’s license
• Fluent in at least two (2) of the official languages of the Western Cape
• Computer literate (MS Office applications)
• Must be willing to work with labour intensive construction workers/teams (LIC/EPWP)
• Must be willing to work on-site on civil construction sites, in all weather conditions
• Perform construction monitoring, supervision, data gathering and verification
• Coordinate work priorities, workers and teams
• Applicants must have met the academic requirements for the advertised field of
study/discipline and should not previously have been employed as an Intern in the Public
• Preference will be given to applicants submitting proof of own transportation (motor
vehicle / motorbike) and willingness to use his/her own transport for site visits (Intern will
be reimbursed for kilometres travelled for official purposes).
Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. Alternatively, electronic applications accompanied by the official application form and a comprehensive CV may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test, including a driving skills test.
– Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant.
– Application forms are available on the Municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically available from the contact persons mentioned hereunder.
– Original certified copies of proof of qualifications and other required documentation must accompany the CV and application form.
– Shortlisted candidates who applied electronically must provide the original certified copies of qualifications and other required documentation on or before the date of the practical test.
– For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status on the application form.
– Further details are obtainable from Ms N de Wet or Ms J Ruiters at telephone number (044) – 6065000.
– If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
– The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply to the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled person.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0