Posted on May 19, 2022 by Jobcare
SECURITY OFFICER (X2 POSTS)
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Leratong Hospital
Closing Date : 27-05-2022
- Reference Number : refs/014014
- Directorate : Security
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 124,434.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr D.J Mokoaledi Tel No. 011 411 3601
- Minimum Grade 10 with two (2) years’ experience in Security Industry. Basic security course (Grade C). Must be PSIRA registered. Knowledge of Fire-arm Control Act. Control of access to public premises and vehicle act. Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and different backgrounds. Report writing skills. Should not have criminal record. Good understanding of Bathopele principles. Be prepared to work shifts and be on rotation.
- Protect state property, employees, visitors and patients in the hospital for 24 hours. Access control and searching of both vehicles and pedestrians. Report about security breaches. Operate and maintain security equipment. Write statements and testify in court. Switch on and off lights in your area of responsibility. Write and report to the supervisor as soon as possible. Assist with the restraining of patients. Conduct hourly patrols, clamping of incorrect parked vehicles. Provide directions to patients and visitors. Comply with the rotation of rooster. Be willing to undergo continuous training and development system (Contracting, Quarterly reviews for newly appointed employees, midyear and Final Assessment).
- This is a re-advertisement, candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply. Applications should be hand delivered to Leratong Hospital: Human resource Department: Block 6 no 1 Adcock Street, Chamdor, Krugersdorp, 1740 or posted to Leratong Hospital: Human Resource, Private Bag X2078, Krugersdorp 1740. Application must be submitted on a fully completed New Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated and signed CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed; certification should not be more than 6 months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants. People with disability are welcome to apply. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process. Applications received after closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Please Note: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know. Applications should be submitted at Leratong Hospital Human Resource. Application should be delivered by 12h00 (Noon) on the closing date.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0