Posted on March 23, 2022 by Jobcare
Internship Opportunity: TIPS
Location: All Provinces, South Africa
Closing date: 15 April 2022
- Perform economic research under the guidnce of line managers, including desktop research, data analysis and stakeholder interviews or engagements;
- Provide research input and data analysis;
- Liaise with and support policymaking entities dealing with economic development, industrial policy and sustainable development in South Africa (and elsewhere in the region as appropriate);
- Participate in and present research at internal discussions and workshops/events;
- Provide content for research publication and dissemination, and where required draft reports;
- Support the organisation of internal and external events (such as workshops, conferences, webinars, and training).
The position focuses primarily on industrial development, but includes outputs related to value chain analysis and the just transition to a green economy.
- A post-graduate qualification (at least a Master’s degree) in Economics and at least one to two years of economic research and/or policy experience;
- Experience in data handling and analysis (GDP, Employment, International Trade, Investment and Finances) is a required core competency;
- Strong computer skills, with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of statistical analysis software: such as R, SPSS or Stata;
- A passion for industrial policy and inclusive economic development, with knowledge of national and international developments on industrial policy, trade and other economic issues;
- An understanding of international trade, industrial policy and regional integration;
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing and presentation, with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- An ability to work independently, as part of a team, and to handle tight deadlines.
Closing date for applications: 15 April 2022
Non-South African applicants should have authority to work in South Africa.
To apply, please send a short CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest in the position and how you match the requirements as well as a writing sample via e-mail to Edmore at Edmore@tips.org.za. We can only consider applications with all of these components. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0