Posted on March 18, 2022 by Jobcare
Internships: Road Accident Fund
Location: East London
Closing Date: 22 March 2022
Purpose of the Internship: The Road Accident Fund is committed to youth skills development by providing graduates with an opportunity to gain work experience. Applications are invited for a Post Claims Settlement Internship from unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35. The Internship programme will run for a period of eighteen (18) months. Work based exposure may include the following.
- Analysis of claimed invoices in correlation with available tariff structures and ICD 10 /CPT 4 codes
- Requesting motivation for unreasonable accounts
- Line by line analysis of claim items/service. Matching those appropriate tariffs/ ICD/CPT codes.
- Flagging rejected items/services.
- Recommendations to the department responsible for processing payments
- Auditing medical claims and assisting in technical aspects of bill review
- Ensure that accounts submitted to the Fund from service providers are valid in terms of RAF guidelines and the Road Accident Fund Act
- Assess and monitor claims to curb over servicing or abuse and fraudulent claims
- Ensuring that the accounts are paid timeously according to the service level agreements
- Ensure that the services and treatments claimed are accident related/ (related to the accident under consideration
- Compare outcomes and cost of different therapeutic modalities and surgical techniques and the information provided
- Manage future healthcare costs and improve efficiencies by analyzing trends in utilization of services
- Formal assessment of medical necessity and appropriateness of procedures the will
be effective in curbing fraud and over servicing unreasonable demand of benefits from
victims of road accidents.
- Check and advise on tariffs used on accounts
- Receive invoices and check payment request for accuracy and correctness.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certified Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate
- Certified copy of NQF 6/NQF 7 level Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Degree in the Medical Field of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy Academic transcript
- Your CV and motivational letter
Technical and behavioral competencies required
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Priortize tasks as needed
Road Accident Fund Values
Interns will be awarded a monthly stipend.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
1. Indicate the reference number for the Internship you are applying for on the subject line.
2. Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, applications with no academic transcript will not be considered.
3. Applicants must be unemployed, or never employed in the field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
4. The applicant must not have previously served as intern before.
5. Should it be found that the applicant previously served as an intern and did not disclose that info and it is discovered later, the applicant will be disqualified.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0