Posted on January 18, 2022 by Jobcare
AGRICULTURE GRADUATE PROGRAM (24 MONTHS)
Employer : Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location : JOHANNESBURG
Closing Date : 21-01-2022
- Reference Number : refs/012762
- Directorate : Farmers Support & Development
- Number of Posts : 14
- Package : R 87,000.00 Per annum
- Enquiries : Mr Nkosikhona Masangane (011) 240 3094
- Grade 12 plus Bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7) or National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Agriculture as recognized by SAQA.
- CROP Farm Assist with planting, maintaining, harvesting, washing and storing produce. Support the harvesting of all farm and greenhouse areas following sustainable harvesting practices. Taking stewardship of the land, plants and environment by making a commitment to the sustainability and well-being of the project and the people involved. Notify Manager of irrigation system issues for farm and greenhouse. Support production planning and scheduling for all areas of farm and greenhouse. Assess farm and greenhouse growing conditions. Develop and discuss alternative and innovative strategies for farm planting and maintenance which applies to intensive small-acreage farming.
- This initiative targets qualified unemployed graduates in agriculture, who want to venture into entrepreneurial projects related to agriculture, forestry and fisheries. Of the targeted unemployed graduates, a minimum of 50% must be women and 60% must be youth (18-35 years). Unemployed graduates from colleges of agriculture will receive first priority. Graduates who were previously appointed in the public service will not be considered. Applications must be delivered at 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House;
Was this helpful?
0 / 0