Posted on October 14, 2021 by Jobcare
PORTER LEVEL 2
Employer : Department of Health
Location : DGMAH
Closing Date : 25-10-2021
- Reference Number : REFS/012201
- Directorate : ADMIN AND SUPPORT
- Number of Posts : 10
- Package : R 102 534.00- R 120 780.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Enquiries: Mr. JT Hlongwane Contact No: 012 529 3154
- Grade 10 or Abet level 04 or equivalent. Ability to read and write. Exposed to Hospital environment. Porters experience in Health Environments will serve as an added advantage; proof of experience must be attached. Good physical health, good interpersonal relations. Good communication skills (written and verbal). Knowledge of pottering, mortuary services and patient’s safety. Knowledge of code of conduct. Hospital pottering services will be an added advantage. Ability to work shifts and extended hours. Adhere to occupational health and safety regulations as well as infection prevention and control principles. Ability to work under pressure.
- Loading and off-loading patients from the private cars to the relevant treatment area. Accompany ambulant patients to our patients at the directive of nursing personnel or supervisor. Fetching patients from the other clinical areas and to taxis outside the hospital. Recording of patient’s movement from one point to another as directive from the supervisors and nursing personnel. Transport patients by means of golf carts, stretchers and wheel chairs from treatment areas, accident, and emergency unit to various wards. Render assistant to nursing staff with transfer of patients by means of stretchers, wheel chairs and beds to various wards. Collecting and transport copses, amputations and placentas from the wards, theatre to the mortuary. Collecting and cleaning stretchers and covering clean sheets onto stretchers. Fold soiled linen and place into laundry bags. Always ensure that clean linen is separated from soiled linen to prevent cross infection. Perform all other duties allocated to you by supervisor and manager.
- CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE: The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Applicants are advised that until 31 December 2020 the ‘previous application for employment (Z83) form will be applicable, however from 1 January 2021, a new application for employment (Z83) form will be effective. Should an individual wish to apply for a post on or after 1 January 2021, he/she will be required to submit the new application for employment form (Z83) which can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies. From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using the incorrect application form employment (Z83), it will not be considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy and a CV must be attached. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13(HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za.It is legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification processes entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records checks. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0