Posted on September 16, 2021 by Jobcare
Learner Fire Fighter
Basic Salary: R174 195 p/a
Closing date: 24 September 2021
Internal & External
Employer: The City of Cape Town
• Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
• 18 years or older
• Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights
• Must be medically and physically fit
• Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
• No Criminal Record
• Successfully complete the Firefighter 1, Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat
Operations and First Aid Level 3 courses presented by the learning institution
Key Performance Areas
NOTE: All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass the following compulsory fitness test
• Reach test (1.9 m)
• 2.4 km run (Males 11minutes and Females 13 minutes)
• Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
• Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
• Dead load carries (2 x 25 kg drums over a distance of 100 m)
NOTE: Candidates who pass the physical test will:
• be required to pass a written assessment and an interview
• be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for the purpose of checking criminal records. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable
• be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
• be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing venue.
Special conditions attached to the post:
• Non-permanent contract position for duration of training
• Candidates will only be appointed to a permanent Learner Fire
Fighter position on successful completion of the prescribed training programme
• Required to wear a uniform and protective clothing.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town , you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process External candidates: APPLY ON LINE VIA www.capetown.gov.za/careers
Internal staff: APPLY ON LINE VIA SAP PORTAL Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0