Posted on September 6, 2021 by Jobcare
EPWP Tourism Vacancies
Closing date: Vary
Stipend: R258 P/day
General Assistant: R120 P/day
The Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is the departments intent to promote representativeness (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of these positions. The Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism reserve the right not to fill any of these advertised positions.
NOTE: All costs associated with an application will be borne by the applicant. Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection on the date, time and place as determined by the Department. It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their applications reach the Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism by the stipulated date.
– Applicants must be unemployed.
– Applicants residing in local villages around the station will be at an added advantage.
– Original Stamped letter from traditional Authority or Local council (Municipality) must be attached as proof
- The applications (CV, Certified Copy of ID, Passport photo) must be delivered in person (No applications should be posted) to the specified addresses, date and time.
- Compulsory Vetting of Beneficiaries will be done.
- Contract positions to be filled are at the following centers:
Tourist Guides: Registration Officer X1
– Data capturing and registration of Tourist Guides;
– Information dissemination;
– Provide receptionist support service;
– Attend to the industry queries;
– Provide financial administrative support;
– Provide generic administrative support services;
Tourism Research Officer X2
– Facilitate information management and tourism statistics for Local and District municipalities;
– Facilitate the alignment of the tourism structure within local and district municipalities;
– Collection of Research Data (manual & electronic);
– Organizational & facilitation skills (meetings/workshops/events);
– Communication skills (verbal & written);
– Data management & records keeping (manual & electronic);
– Basic knowledge: Information Management Systems;
Tourism Officer X1
– Facilitate alignment of Local Tourism Plans with Provincial strategies;
– Facilitate collation of tourism database within Local and District Municipalities;
– Facilitate implementation of tourism destination projects and initiatives at local level;
– Implement tourism support to SMME on skill development, Service awareness and Marketing;
– Facilitate establishment of tourism forum to feed into Provincial Forum;
– Facilitate development and coordination of annual tourism events within Municipalities;
General Assistant X3
– Perform general conservation tasks such as alien plants control, bush control, soil erosion control, roads and fence maintenances in the reserve
– Perform general tourism tasks (including cleaning of offices and tourism facilities)
– Perform any other task given by the supervisor
– Perform general admin tasks in the nature reserve
– Perform gardening services
Was this helpful?
0 / 0