Posted on August 25, 2021 by Jobcare
CLERK (METER MANAGEMENT) X 2
Newcastle KwaZulu-Natal Municipality
Closing date: 27 August 2021
|Position||CLERK (METER MANAGEMENT) X 2 : POST ID’S BTO240 AND BTO241|
|Remuneration||R188 679,01 per annum (Task Grade 7)|
|Qualifications||Grade 12 with either Mathematics or AccountancyStudying towards / completion of a tertiary qualification will be an added advantage|
|Experience||1 Year experience in meter management unit|
|Additional Requirements||High ethical standardsA written test may be applicable prior to shortlisting being completedThe applicant must be able to speak English and at least one of the other official South African languages|
|Responsibilities||Queries, both walk-in and telephonic.Preparing daily work to be captured by the Data Typist.Checking of meter readings.Checking of meter reading deviations.Completion of input documents when necessary.Preparation of the calculation of the consumption on the closed accounts (finals), if necessary.Completion of the new account forms in respect of the tariffs.Scanning of all input documents in respect of the unit e.g. journal vouchers.Assist with the capturing of route lists onto the hand held devices, if necessary.Filing of the supplementary readings performed by the Meter Readers.Report all faulty / stuck meters as per the route lists.Identification of meters over read in previous month and forward correcting input to Senior Clerk.Assist with any other work given to them in the Income Section, where relevant to duties.|
Detailed CV’s can be placed in the box with the Security : Rates Hall, Tower Block, 1st Floor, Murchison Street, Private Bag X6621, NEWCASTLE, 2940. For full details on these vacancies go to www.newcastle.gov.za. For further information you may contact the Director : Financial Management, Mrs A Haripersad at 034 – 328 7848.
- Canvassing for appointment will automatically disqualify an applicant.
- If no reply to your application has been received within 60 days of the closing date, you should consider your application as being unsuccessful.
- The Directorate : Human Resources will not accept responsibility for information not mentioned in applications.
- NO late applications will be accepted.
- NO e-mails or faxes will be accepted.
- The Directorate: Human Resources will not be held responsible for lost applications unless proof of submission can be supplied.
- All applicants may be required to undergo a proficiency test.
- NO applications shall be considered without certified copies of the original documents of qualifications.
- The Newcastle Municipality adheres to the provisions as contained in the Employment Equity Act to ensure representativity through the process of affirmative action.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations and that previous and current employers
and references will be contacted. Verifications will be done on his / her qualifications, criminal and credit records.
- Applicants must have no criminal record or pending criminal/departmental or civil cases. The candidate will be required to
disclose all financial interest and will be subjected to competency assessment.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- Applicants should be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- SHOULD the candidate be successful in the interview and thereafter decline the offer, such candidate will be liable for all costs incurred to have the position re-advertised.
NB : AFRICAN FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0