Posted on July 18, 2021 by Jobcare
Graduate Supply Chain Internship
Employer: AVI Limited
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Employment type: Contract
Closing Date 31 July 2021
AVI Limited invites youth to apply for 24 months Internship Programme
AVI LIMITED is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits, and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead, and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee, and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
Working with AVI
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance, and support
- Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Held accountable for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Understanding processes of Distribution and Warehousing
- Understanding Factory Inbound and Outbound Logistics
- Gain exposure to various stores (Raws, Packaging, Finished product)
- KPI insights (stock levels, forecast accuracy, planning)
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly reports as required
- Buying – replenishment
- Understanding systems SAP (MRP)
- Working closely with cross-functional teams within the factory and head office
What you will need to be considered:
- BCom Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year
- Excel proficiency essential
- Sound analytical ability
- Driver’s license ideal
What makes you exceptional
- Focused on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions and thinking things through.
- Working smartly by planning and prioritising my tasks effectively.
- Applying technology to quantify problems and interpret data in a rational and objective manner.
- Collaborating with others by involving, listening, and encouraging others to contribute to the decision-making process as far as possible.
- Focusing on continuously improving things, identifying the core issues to a problem and I make judgements based on my intuition.
- Consistently produce high-quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of my work.
- Focusing on finding the facts and document the facts accordingly to better understand the logic behind a problem.
- Being reliable and complete my work in accordance with the agreed-upon timelines.
Find Graduate Supply Chain Internship related opportunities;
Was this helpful?
0 / 0