Posted on June 25, 2021 by Jobcare
Nedbank Quantitative Analysis Internships
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
REQ 109176 – Victoria Crowder
Closing Date – 30 June 2021
To develop world class Quantitative Analysts through the Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme. To contribute to the development and maintenance of best practice models and assessment strategies in line with regulations (where applicable) in order to facilitate world class risk management
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme by pro-actively participating in programme committees/structures (E.g. marketing committee, recruitment committee and social committee). This is called ‘programme involvement’. The objective of this participation is to enhance their personal and professional development whilst adding value to the Nedbank Quants Training Programme.
- Ensure business needs are met by engaging and assisting business through face to face interaction and attendance at forums and committees
- Assist the business to address queries by extracting and analysing data.
- Ensure continuity and knowledge base through documenting and recording processes and models.
- Ensure compliance to policy through data analysis and monitoring.
- Establish understanding of processes by bridging the gap between operational and analytical concepts through communication.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers as well as sharing knowledge and industry trends with the team
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- No experience required
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees/ Undergraduate Degree
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Postgraduate degree, Honours or Master’s degree.
(with majors in pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, econometrics, financial engineering, quantitative risk management or similar)
Nedbank Quantitative Analysis Internships related opportunities;
Was this helpful?
0 / 0